Make Use of an Immigration Attorney

Immigration is one of the most diverse areas of law. You may have come to the United States without status decades ago, built a good life and family, and now wonder if there is a way for you to legally reside here. Maybe you fell in love with someone from another country and are ready to have them come live with you. You might have recently become a citizen and would like to help your family in your home country achieve that same dream. 

No matter your background or circumstances, you need an experienced immigration attorney to help you through the immigration process. Immigration laws in the United States are difficult to navigate. Our system is in a constant state of change and can be a tough area of the law to understand. The application processes involved in immigrating are confusing, expensive, time-consuming, and intimidating. If you find yourself in immigration court proceedings, the process can be overwhelming and disheartening. 

With the changes being made to immigration laws and the difficulty non-citizens currently face, figuring out the right path forward will be tough whether you have no legal status, are in deportation proceedings in immigration court, or are on your way to becoming a citizen.

Here are some of the instances that might require you to hire an immigration lawyer:
  1. Green Card or Work Permit Renewal 
  2. Petition to Remove Conditions
  3. Temporary Protected Status
  4. Detainment Bonds
  5. Removal Proceedings
  6. Parole in Place
  7. Visa Requests

Green Card or Work Permit Renewal

Applying for a work permit can seem like a fairly simple process, but even simple mistakes can mean the difference between getting approved and denied for a renewal. Your ability to work is not something you should risk. Our office can help you keep up with the timeline to file your renewal application, make sure that all of the required supporting evidence is included, and give you the best chance of continued permission to work.

Petition to Remove Conditions

If you filed to become a permanent resident (green card holder) based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen your status is “conditional” and will expire after two years. 

This means that if you do not file a petition to remove conditions on your residence your status will automatically terminate. To avoid this outcome, you will need an attorney to prepare a Petition to Remove Conditions on your behalf.

If you think you need help from an Immigration Lawyer, contact The Cassell Firm today

Temporary Protected Status

Temporary Protected Status or “TPS” provides people from certain countries with ongoing armed conflict, environmental disaster, or other extraordinary conditions that make it unsafe to return, with temporary legal status in the United States. 

TPS is typically designated for only those countries where there is civil war, a natural disaster like a hurricane or earthquake, or similar circumstances.

Detainment Bonds

If you or a family member has been detained and placed in removal proceedings in immigration court, you might be wondering if and how you will be able to get out of detention and reunite with your family. Immigration court cases can go on for years so typically this is the first and most important priority for detainees or their families.

Requesting a bond from the immigration court is one way to get out of detention while your case is pending. When you are granted bond, you are basically promising to pay an amount of money that will be kept upon your release and forfeited if you do not attend all of your court dates. Let our immigration bond lawyers help you with your green card application.

Removal Proceedings

The immigration court system is the mechanism by which citizens of other countries are placed in removal proceedings and deported from the United States. You can be placed in removal even if you are legally in the U.S. Being in immigration court is one of the most distressing and uncertain situations for individuals and families. It can be difficult to understand what is happening and how you should move forward.

Parole in Place

If you are serving in the United States military, are a veteran, or are a military spouse, you have probably heard of Parole in Place. Chances are that you have also been able to find very little clear and accurate information on the subject and how it could help you or your spouse. 

Our government knows that military members and their families make important sacrifices for our country. Parole in Place is just one way our government tries to support these individuals.

Visa Requests

A qualified Visa Attorney can explain the U and T visas were both created to give victims of crime or human trafficking the opportunity to obtain legal status in the United States if they have cooperated with law enforcement to help investigate or prosecute crime. 

These visas can be a powerful tool to help foreign nationals who may not have any other route to legal status to gain security for themselves and their families. The Cassell Firm’s immigration attorney has helped many victims of crime and human trafficking get U and T visa applications approved so that they can move forward to a happier and brighter future.

Work With The Cassell Firm 

Even the smallest mistakes or missed technicalities can be costly in the immigration process. You will need a dedicated attorney who cares about you and your family to ensure that your case is processed efficiently, affordably, and properly. 

As a trusted and reliable Nashville Lawyer, we can assist clients from all over the world with family-based petitions, humanitarian-based applications, waivers, and deportation proceedings. No matter how simple or complex your case may seem, we will guide you through the process and make sure your case is treated with the care and consideration you and your family deserve. Contact The Cassell Firm today.